1950s Screen Idol Farley Granger Dies at 85
7:03 PM PDT 3/28/2011 by Duane Bygre
The actor played a likable tennis pro thrust into a murder exchange in Alfred Hitchcock's 1951 movie and documented affairs with Shelley Winters (pictured), Ava Gardner, Leaonard Bernstein and others in his 2007 memoir, "Include Me Out."
Farley Granger, who played the likable tennis pro who was thrust into a murder exchange in Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train in 1951, died Sunday of natural causes in New York. He was 85.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile