1984 Private Defense Contractors Inks First-Look Deal With Entertainment One
Adi Shankar and Spencer Silna build on their ties to the Canadian producer/distributor with a multi-year film financing and distribution deal.
TORONTO – Adi Shankar and Spencer Silna’s 1984 Private Defense Contractors has signed a first-look film deal with Entertainment One.
The exclusive multi-year film financing and distribution agreement, unveiled Thursday, will see the Canadian producer/distributor get first dibs on 1984’s 2013 production slate, which includes the gangster thriller Corsica ’72, from Skyfall writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, and the untitled female Expendables project from writer Dutch Southern.
Entertainment One will release the 1984 films in Canada, the U.K., Benelux, Spain and Australia, with Benedict Carver and Lara Thompson overseeing the deal for the Canadian distributor.
The foreign sales arm Entertainment One Films International will handle the rest of the world.
CAA will represent the U.S. rights to the 1984 slate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR