1984 Private Defense Contractors Picks Up 'Cannibal' From 'Blue Caprice' Filmmakers (Exclusive)
Ronnie Porto will write the script while Alexandre Moors will direct the thriller set in the world of illegal organ trading.
Alexandre Moors and Ronnie Porto, the filmmakers behind the well-regarded Sundance feature Blue Caprice, are working on their follow-up.
1984 Private Defense Contractors, the production shingle run by Adi Shankar and Spencer Silna, has picked up the duo’s pitch titled Cannibal. Porto will write the script, while Moors is set to direct.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, although it is described as a surreal crime thriller set in the world of illegal organ trading.
Porto wrote -- and Moors directed, as well as produced -- Caprice, the duo’s debut feature that starred Isaiah Washington and Tim Blake Nelson. The movie premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year to strong reviews (The Hollywood Reporter’s review called it a “masterfully controlled thriller” with “mesmerizing performances") and was acquired by Sundance Selects, which will release the movie Sept. 13. UTA, meanwhile, signed Porto off the strength of the movie.
Moors is repped by CAA and Caliber Media. Porto is also repped by Caliber in addition to UTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game