2 Chainz Enlists Kanye West's DONDA for Album Art
Two gold chains from West's fashion company are the focus of the "Based on a T.R.U. Story" cover.
For the cover of 2 Chainz's major label debut, the ubiquitous rapper turned to Kanye West.
The art, a simple portrait of two gold chains, was shot by photographer Fabien Montique for DONDA -- the design house West announced in a lengthy Twitter monologue about his experiences in the fashion industry in January. The company is named after his late mother, Donda West.
STORY: Kanye West, G.O.O.D. Music's 'Cruel Summer' Album Gets a Release Date
"Kanye and I share a similar vision and think along the same lines creatively. So, when it came time to develop the imagery for my project, I trusted him and his team at DONDA to get the job done and communicate my sentiments," 2 Chainz told Billboard.com. "They were the first people I thought of. Their team is unprecedented. Expect next level imagery, sonics and stage performance. This is curated art. The Louvre of rap."
West and 2 Chainz have been closely aligned in recent months, with West tweeting "2 Chainz is charging 100k for a verse now cause he's G.O.O.D.!!!!!!" in May and appearing at a 2 Chainz's SXSW set in March.
2 Chainz's Based on a T.R.U. Story is due Aug. 14 on Def Jam Records, a week after West's upcoming G.O.O.D. Music collection, Cruel Summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR