2 Chainz Arrested for Pot Possession at LAX
According to reports, the rapper was also carrying ingredients common in sizzurp, the cocktail combining codeine and promethazine that's popular in the hip hop community.
Apparently, 2 Chainz needs to get out of California.
Days after he was reportedly robbed of his wallet and cell phone in San Francisco, the rapper has been arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for possession of marijuana and promethazine.
According to TMZ and confirmed by MTV News, police found weed with the rapper while in LAX's terminal 5. The website later reported that 2 Chainz had also been found with promethazine, which combined with codeine creates sizzurp, a cocktail popular in the hip hop community.
The man born Tauheed Epps took to Twitter on Tuesday denying he was the victim of a robbery hours before his set at Oakland Summer Jam, but added that the city had the "best smoke in the world," which likely didn't help his case with police on Tuesday.
That said, this isn't the first time the rapper has been arrested for pot possession; in February, he was booked in Maryland for possession of the drug, but was found not guilty in April.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights