2008 predictions and prognostications
Who knows what the industry will look like next year? We do.MORE YEAR END REPORTS
Predicting shifts in the entertainment landscape is like forecasting a tornado: You never know what will happen, and the winds of change appear swiftly and often destructively. That hasn't stopped the resident "media-rologists" at The Hollywood Reporter from prognosticating which companies and execs will make news in 2008. True, there are no guarantees (except maybe that Will Smith's next movie will open huge). But we've trained our Doppler Mega 7000 HD Accu Cam on the year ahead, so hold on to your hats.
1. Katie Couric and the anchor chair
2. Dream of a deal in the Works
3. The improving labor landscape
4. Resolution in the HD disc wars
5. A breakthrough in release windows
6. A new dimension for 3-D cinema
7. Steve Jobs' "Hero"-ic business model
8. Rupert Murdoch plays games
Compiled by Matthew Belloni and Andrew Wallenstein with contributions from THR staff reporters and editors.