20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God'
The movie is based on History Channel's hit miniseries "The Bible."
Fox will distribute Son of God, a Christ-centric version of History Channel's 10-hour miniseries The Bible, THR has confirmed.
The deal was made with Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, who executive produced the miniseries, a massive hit for History when it garnered an average of 15 million viewers per episode.
The story will encompass the birth of Christ to his Resurrection, with the adult Messiah played by Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado. The movie will take selections from the miniseries and add scenes that were left on the cutting-room floor, although Christ appeared in five of the 10 two-hour episodes.
Fox is eyeing a 2014 release date.
Fox Home Entertainment released The Bible on Blu-ray and DVD, and the title has been a hit since landing on shelves in April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10