20th Century Fox Launching In-House Writers Studio
The studio, dedicated to the development of emerging writers, new voices and original concepts, will be run by Nicholas Weinstock and Steve Tzirlin.
20th Century Fox is launching a new in-house writers studio dedicated to the development of emerging writers, new voices and original concepts.
Former Chernin Entertainment executive vp Nicholas Weinstock and former Lucasfilm Ltd. vp development Steve Tzirlin will run the program. They’ll report to Fox president of production Emma Watts.
The duo, along with Fox, will hire the writers, coordinate relationships with producers and supervise the development process of ideas generated from the studio.
The initiative will pursue original ideas, versus rewriting existing scripts or developing library titles.
"We have great hopes for this program, especially under the leadership of Nicky and Steve, whom we respect greatly and know will take this initiative beyond our expectations,” Watts said. “The goal for this enterprise is to create a place where original ideas are generated and where new writers can feel supported to do their best work.”
Weinstock will focus on comedy development, while Tzirlin will spearhead action/adventure development. Five writers in each discipline will be hired initially.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR