20th Century Fox to Premiere Fourth 'Ice Age' Film at CineEurope
The latest edition of the animated franchise bows July 13 in North America.
COLOGNE, Germany -- 20th Century Fox is taking Manny, Diego, Sid and the endlessly frustrated squirrel Scrat to the CineEurope film distributors' trade fair, where Fox's Ice Age: Continental Drift will have its world premiere June 20.
The fourth edition of the blockbuster animated franchise is set to roll out across Europe in late June and early July before hitting North American shores on July 13.
It is fitting that Fox would pick CineEurope to bow the latest Ice Age installment. European audiences are crazy for the prehistoric cartoon, produced by Blue Sky Studios. The previous entry in the franchise, 2009's Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, grossed nearly $700 million internationally, with some $430 million coming from Europe.
Continental Drift, featuring the voices of Ray Romano, Denis Leary and John Leguizamo, will close out the CineEurope conference, which runs June 18-20 in Barcelona.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama