'21 Jump Street' Sequel Lands Prime June 2014 Release Date
Sony also dates Jason Segel-Cameron Diaz comedy "Sex Tape" and "Think Like a Man Too."
Sony has decided to open the highly anticipated sequel to 21 Jump Street on June 6, 2014, the heart of the summer.
The studio also dated two other 2014 summer films: Think Like a Man Too will hit theaters June 20, while the Jason Segel-Cameron Diaz comedy Sex Tape will open July 2, the eve of the lucrative July 4th holiday corridor.
21 Jump Street 2 returns with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill in the title roles. The original film, which opened in March 2012, turned into a sleeper hit, grossing north of $200 million at the global box office.
Sex Tape, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Diaz and Segel as a married couple who search frantically for a missing sex tape. The comedy opens opposite Disney's family film Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services