FX Acquires Rights to '21 Jump Street,' 'The Lorax'
The films join the cable net's recent acquisitions "Safe House," "The Vow" and "Act of Valor."
FX is continuing its acquisitions of big box office movies.
The latest to join the fray include No. 1 films, Sony's 21 Jump Street and Universal's The Lorax.
21 Jump Street, a reboot of the 1980s television series that introduced Johnny Depp, knocked off The Lorax for the top spot at the domestic box office, earning $35 million. Street stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as police officers thrown back into high school as undercover cops investigating illegal drug activity.
The Lorax, with a voice cast led by Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and Taylor Swift, has earned $158.4 million domestically since opening March 2, according to Box Office Mojo.
Thus far this year, FX has acquired rights to Safe House, The Vow, Contraband, Act of Valor, Underworld Awakening and Chronicle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!