$21.8 Mil 'Despicable Me' Reclaims No. 1 Box Office Spot Overseas
School holidays helped animated hit get its second wind; 'Megamind' debuts No. 1 in Russia and Ukraine a week before its U.S. bow.
Family-oriented animation trumped horror on the foreign circuit over the Halloween weekend as Despicable Me reclaimed the No. 1 box office spot, snaring $21.8 million from 4,546 venues in 44 markets and pushing its offshore gross total to $234.4 million.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR