3% of all Twitter traffic Justin Bieber-related
Employee says there are "racks of servers dedicated to him"
Twitter has Bieber fever.
A designer named Dustin Curtis chatted with an employee at the social media networking site and Twittered Monday: "At any moment, Justin Bieber uses 3% of our infrastructure. Racks of servers are dedicated to him."
But Bieber -- who is often a trending topic on the site, and has more than 5 million followers -- may not be the only celebrity with dedicated servers.
"Most of the popular users on Twitter have dedicated servers for their accounts," added Curtis on Twitter (as first picked up by Gizmodo). Ashton Kutcher, Britney Spears and Kim Kardashian each have over four million followers.
In May, Twitter tweaked its algorithm to spotlight new topics spiking in popularity, instead of longtime trending topics. The move made it appear Bieber had been banned from being a trending topic.
Joked the site on its personal Twitter page, "@justinbieber the TT tweak is nothing personal. It was long planned & better shows what is emerging right now.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!