'300' set for day-and-date Imax bow
TORONTO -- Giant-screen exhibitor Imax Corp. on Thursday said a super-sized version of Warner Bros. Pictures' "300" will bow on its giant screens March 9, day-and-date with traditional theaters.
Toronto-based Imax said that the Zack Snyder sword and sandal adventure about the ancient Spartan battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. will be digitally converted to its big-screen format before it unspools in theaters nationwide.
Each year, Imax screens six or seven digitally remastered Hollywood movies. "300," based on Frank Miller's epic graphic novel, will be the first Hollywood blockbuster on its screens this year.
"Warner Bros. Pictures and the filmmakers are very excited to bring this unique cinematic experience to both conventional and Imax theatres this spring," Dan Fellman, president of domestic distribution at Warner Bros. Pictures, said in a statement.
"300" stars Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, David Wenham and Dominic West.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack