3D Animation 'Foosball' to Open San Sebastian Film Festival
Oscar-winning director Juan José Campanella's hit feature, which broke the opening weekend box office record in Argentina, will kick off the Basque city fest on September 20.
Madrid – Following its success in Argentina, 3D animated film Foosball has been chosen to open the San Sebastian Film Festival on Sept. 20 in the coastal Basque city.
An Argentine-Spanish co-production and directed by Oscar-winner Juan José Campanella, the film tells the story of how the foosball figures in a local bar come alive to help one of the bartenders save his village and win the heart of the girl he loves.
Released last month in Argentine under the title Metegol, the film has already drawn in over one million viewers, breaking the country's opening week box-office record. Jorge Estrada Mora in Argentina, and Plural-Jempsa and Atresmedia Cine in Spain produced. Universal Pictures International will handle distribution in Spain when it is released on Dec. 20.
Campanella's The Secret in Their Eyes won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 2010. Foosball is the Buenos Aires native's first foray into 3D animation. Campanella also directed several episodes of House MD and Law & Order.
The San Sebastian festival will run from Sept 20–28.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR