How 3D Is Fueling the International Box Office
Titles like "Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Pirates 4" aim to capitalize on the popularity of the technology, which helped international grosses climb 30% over the past five years.
Avatar led the way. As it made its worldwide tout in 2010, James Cameron’s visionary movie proved just how big a draw a 3D movie could become. Breaking all records, its international grosses of $2 billion more than doubled its domestic take of $760.5 million.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR