3D Merger: Home Consortium, International Society Join Forces
Two leading 3D organizations—the International 3D Society (I3DS) and the 3D@Home Consortium—are joining forces.
Now known as the International 3D Society & 3D@Home, the merger brings together members in 20 countries and chapters in China, Japan, Korea, Europe, the UK and North America.
“This is 3D’s leadership and voice coming together to fuel the growing 3D revolution," said I3DS president Jim Chabin, who will lead the combined organization.
Serving as co-chairs of the new entity are Tom Cosgrove, president and CEO of 3net; and Dan Schinasi, senior TV planner at Samsung Electronics.
The group aims to “spearhead the growth and expansion of the 3D entertainment industry across the entire ecosystem – from content conception and development, to consumer education and adoption," Cosgrove said.
Added Schinasi: “3D entertainment in the home has become an affordable proposition, with entry level sets falling below $1,000."
The new organization combines members from more than 60 companies including Walt Disney Studios, DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Pixar, ESPN, Microsoft, Samsung and 3ality Technica.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR