3D Merger: Home Consortium, International Society Join Forces
Two leading 3D organizations—the International 3D Society (I3DS) and the 3D@Home Consortium—are joining forces.
Now known as the International 3D Society & 3D@Home, the merger brings together members in 20 countries and chapters in China, Japan, Korea, Europe, the UK and North America.
“This is 3D’s leadership and voice coming together to fuel the growing 3D revolution," said I3DS president Jim Chabin, who will lead the combined organization.
Serving as co-chairs of the new entity are Tom Cosgrove, president and CEO of 3net; and Dan Schinasi, senior TV planner at Samsung Electronics.
The group aims to “spearhead the growth and expansion of the 3D entertainment industry across the entire ecosystem – from content conception and development, to consumer education and adoption," Cosgrove said.
Added Schinasi: “3D entertainment in the home has become an affordable proposition, with entry level sets falling below $1,000."
The new organization combines members from more than 60 companies including Walt Disney Studios, DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Pixar, ESPN, Microsoft, Samsung and 3ality Technica.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'