3net, Comcast Team To Offer 3D
A joint venture from Sony, Discovery and Imax, the 3net 3D network will offer content to Xfinity TV customers.
Next week 3net will begin to offer its 3D programming to Xfinity TV customers, through an agreement with Comcast.
A joint venture 3D network from Sony, Discovery and Imax, 3net also has carriage through DirecTV, Google Fiber and Service Electric as well as Netflix.
Beginning Jan. 28, eligible Xfinity TV customers will have access to three hours of 3net content for at least five days per week. Debuting Monday on Xfinity 3D is 3net original series Storm Surfers, which follows Australian Surfing Hall of Famer Ross Clarke-Jones and two-time surfing World Champion Tom Carroll; NASCAR: The IMAX Experience, and 3net original series A Year in Africa.
In addition, 3net reported that select programs would soon be available on Xfinity On Demand.
“We look forward to working with Comcast to grow the in-home 3D market by exposing their audience to the very best in 3net content,” said 3net president and CEO Tom Cosgrove in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR