3net, Red Bull Media House Partner in 3D Initiative
"Red Bull Rampage" airs Sunday on the 3D channel.
3D network 3net and content producer Red Bull Media House North America (RBMH NA) have partnered in an initiative to bring Red Bull events to 3DTV.
The 2010 Red Bull Rampage is already slated to debut Sunday on 3net, the joint venture 24/7 3D network from Sony, Discovery and Imax. Red Bull Rampage is an invitation-only freeride mountain biking contest held on rugged downhill terrain in Utah that is enhanced by manmade obstacles.
3net will also premiere RBMH NA's short-form 3D content developed around the 2010 US Open of Surfing.
The companies are actively discussing details surrounding future productions, which might include co-productions.
"The Red Bull Media House North America has a strong commitment to 3D technology and content," said Werner Brell, managing director of the RBMH NA.
3net has said it aims to house the world's largest library of 3D content by the end of 2011. Among the projects currently in production at 3net is four-part series The Civil War 3D.
"This agreement (with RBMH NA) underscores our ongoing commitment to deliver the most unique and compelling native 3D content possible," said Tom Cosgrove, president and CEO of 3net.
3net is currently available on DirecTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR