4 Ways Oscar's Seth MacFarlane Can Out-Funny Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
The Globes hosts are a tough act to follow, but MacFarlane can still raise the bar if he follows this advice.
This story first appeared in the Jan. 25 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
1. Call in Funny Friends
Most celebs shy away from Oscar duty. To them, presenting is a chore. But Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were able to call on such pals as Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell for some ad-lib hilarity. Look around, you must have someone you can call on.
2. Land a Big Kahuna
The Globes scored quite a get when President Clinton -- or, as Poehler called him, "Hillary Clinton's husband" -- showed up to intro Lincoln. That'll be hard to top, but word is Barack Obama likes the movie, too.
3. Make Some News
The Globes' Cecil B. DeMille tribute is usually a snore, but Jodie Foster's heartfelt confessional had people tweeting and talking. Find someone ready to come out -- if not as gay, maybe as a Republican.
4. Give Out Free Drinks
The Dolby Theatre has open bars. Encourage folks to bring drinks inside so they'll have fun -- like George Clooney and Glenn Close at the Globes. Wouldn't it be great if the audience actually seemed to be enjoying itself?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!