'42' Star in Talks for Ivan Reitman's 'Draft Day' (Exclusive)
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are already set to star in the football drama.
Chadwick Boseman is going from baseball to football.
Hot off of the big opening of his Jackie Robinson biopic 42, the actor is now in negotiations to join the cast of Summit and OddLot Entertainment’s Draft Day, the NFL-centric feature being directed by Ivan Reitman. Montecito Pictures is producing with OddLot.
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are starring in the movie, about a team GM (Costner) who must make tough professional and personal choices in the 24-hour period of the NFL Draft.
In a supporting but key role, Boseman will play a linebacker from Louisiana whose future is riding on Draft Day.
Ellen Burstyn, Denis Leary and Frank Langella are already on board.
The movie begins shooting next week in New York to capture actual moments of this year's draft at Radio City Music Hall, then moves to Cleveland.
Boseman’s credits include appearances on TV's Fringe, Justified and Castle. He is repped by Greene & Associates, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Borys.Kit@THR.com, Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com; Twitter: @Borys_Kit, @TatianaSiegel27
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR