'42' Star in Talks for Ivan Reitman's 'Draft Day' (Exclusive)
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are already set to star in the football drama.
Chadwick Boseman is going from baseball to football.
Hot off of the big opening of his Jackie Robinson biopic 42, the actor is now in negotiations to join the cast of Summit and OddLot Entertainment’s Draft Day, the NFL-centric feature being directed by Ivan Reitman. Montecito Pictures is producing with OddLot.
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are starring in the movie, about a team GM (Costner) who must make tough professional and personal choices in the 24-hour period of the NFL Draft.
In a supporting but key role, Boseman will play a linebacker from Louisiana whose future is riding on Draft Day.
Ellen Burstyn, Denis Leary and Frank Langella are already on board.
The movie begins shooting next week in New York to capture actual moments of this year's draft at Radio City Music Hall, then moves to Cleveland.
Boseman’s credits include appearances on TV's Fringe, Justified and Castle. He is repped by Greene & Associates, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Borys.Kit@THR.com, Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com; Twitter: @Borys_Kit, @TatianaSiegel27
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Chris Evans & Emily VanCamp Premiere 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' in Hollywood!
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Yoko Ono at Alessandra Ambrosio's Fashion Line Launch!
- Who Went Home on 'American Idol' Tonight? Top 10 Revealed!
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Pregnant Body in Lace Dress at 'Captain America 2' Premiere!