'42' Trailer Teases Jackie Robinson's Historic Journey (Video)
Chadwick Boseman stars as MLB's first black ballplayer, while Harrison Ford features as Dodgers' general manager Branch Rickey.
Just as a new focus was placed on the Dodgers' future this summer, Hollywood is taking a look at the team's storied history.
This story, however, happened in Brooklyn.
After years of failed attempts, the biopic of legendary second baseman Jackie Robinson is on its way to theaters, and Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for the film. In 42, the title for the Brian Helgeland-directed picture, Chadwick Boseman plays the barrier-breaking legend, who in 1947 became the first black Major League ballplayer and eventually hit and fielded his way into Cooperstown.
Joining the relative unknown is a much more famous supporting, including Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey, the daring general manager who signed Robinson, and Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher, the Dodgers' manager in the 1940's and 50's.
The film hits theaters in April, right around the start of the 2013 baseball season.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David