48 Hours in the O.C.
There's much more beyond housewives in Orange County, where oceanfront luxury resorts and hot new destination restaurants make for the perfect retreat on the way back from Comic-Con.
In the early year of the film industry, Orange County was almost an annex of Hollywood, with about 500 films shot there from 1910 to 1930. Later, Newport Beach was a playground for such Hollywood stars as Humphrey Bogart, who wooed Lauren Bacall on the yacht he kept berthed in Newport Bay.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR