5 Skin Resolutions to Swear By for 2015
Top derm Dr. David Colbert — whose clients include Naomi Watts, Robin Wright and Taylor Schilling — shares his top 5 skin resolutions as he goes Hollywood for Globes weekend
Top Manhattan-based dermatologist David Colbert often "drops in" to L.A. to offer his brilliant Triad facials, fillers and all kinds of skin refreshers and goodness to celebs and globetrotters of all kinds for both Golden Globe and Oscar weekends. This 2015 Globes weekend is no exception; he will be in Hollywood residence with his L.A. pop-up office this Friday, Jan. 9, and Saturday, Jan. 10, at The Diamond Face Institute (9400 Brighton Way, Beverly Hills) in the penthouse suite. To book an appointment, you can call his Manhattan office at 212-533-8888. The pop-up will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on both days.
To start 2015 off right, skin-wise, we asked the good doc for his top five "skin resolutions" for the year. We're starting on this regime immediately.
Dr. David Colbert's Top 5 Skin Resolutions for 2015:
1. Hydrate your body. You should drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. If you don't hydrate enough, your skin can get dry and flaky. And dry skin is more prone to wrinkling.
2. Wear sunscreen. You should start at a young age. Wearing sunscreen helps to prevent facial dark spots and skin discolorations.
3. Eat fruits and nuts. They are rich in antioxidants that help prevent the damaging effects of oxidation on cells throughout your body.
4. Quit smoking. Smoking generate wrinkles and dull skin. Plus smoking increases the probability of getting lung diseases like chronic bronchitis.
5. Practice a sport. It will help you maintain the tonicity of your muscles and it will help you reduce your stress level.