5 Facts About the 'American Idol' Finale
Here's what viewers can expect to see on the Fox show's two-part season finish.
Tonight's American Idol finalists Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery battle it out to see who'll become the victor of Season 10.
See what the show has in store for its big-time finale.
1. Big-time performances. U2 rockers Bono and the Edge will join cast members of the Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (for which they wrote the score). The duo are fresh off their weekend-win at the Billboard Music Awards and in the middle of their 360° tour.
2. Country Songs. Tonight's showdown between twangy teens Alaina and McCreery will feature song selections from country music superstars George Strait and Carrie Underwood (who is also AI's Season 4 winner).
3. The return of McCreery's short hair. Judge Jennifer Lopez made a personal request last week for the teenage singer to return to the shorn locks look he sported during auditions. And, during a press conference at the Nokia Theater on Monday, McCreery said it was possible. "I'm torn," he told reporters. "If J.Lo cuts it, I might. How many chances do you get to have the most beautiful woman in the world cut your hair?"
4. Lauren Alaina getting the last word. After Haley Reinhart's elimination last week, host Ryan Seacrest performed a coin toss to determine which of the final two would sing first or second on Wednesday's finale. McCreery won, but deferred to Alaina, who chose to sing second (which is thought to give the singer an upper hand).
5. Their singles. Taste of Country reports the McCreery's debut tune is titled "Love You This Big," while Alaina will unveil her version of Kristy Lee Cook's song, "Like My Mother Does."