5 Reasons Why Russell Brand's 'Arthur' Flopped
The comedian's trumpeted debut as a leading man earned only $12.2 million, behind the Brand-voiced toon "Hop" and "Hanna," starring teen shooting star Saoirse Ronan.
"You can't reheat a souffle," as Paul McCartney used to say when people begged for a Beatles comeback. But Hollywood refuses to believe you can't re-milk a hit movie, so rich ex-heroin/crack/alcohol addict Russell Brand was cast in Dudley Moore's rich, lovable drunk role in 2011's remake of 1981's Arthur.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR