5 Things You Don't Know About Amy Adams
The actress is set to play Lois Lane opposite Henry Cavill in Zack Snyder's film.
Amy Adams has landed the iconic role of journalist Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. She joins Henry Cavill, Diane Lane and Kevin Costner on the production, which will be directed by Zack Snyder.
Here are five facts about the Oscar-nominated actress:
1. She made her big-screen debut in 1999 in Drop Dead Gorgeous. The movie, which starred Denise Richards, Kirsten Dunst and Ellen Barkin, centers on a small-town beauty pageant that turns deadly as it becomes clear that someone will go to any lengths to win.
2. She played John Krasinski's girlfriend on NBC's The Office. Before Jim (Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) finally got together, Adams played Katy, Jim's girlfriend, on three episodes in 2005-06. Katy arrived at the Scranton, Pa., branch of Dunder-Mifflin as a handbag seller, where both Michael (Steve Carell) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) hit on her. But she ended up with Jim for a brief period of time, until the Dunder-Mifflin staff goes on a "booze cruise," where Jim breaks up with her and confesses to Michael his love for Pam. (Adams also played "Cousin Beth" in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.)
3. She stars opposite Jason Segel in the upcoming Muppets movie. Adams says she was a huge fan of Jim Henson's Muppets growing and was thrilled to land a role in the movie, which is scheduled for a Nov. 23 release. She admits she got a little carried away while shooting scenes. "I don't know if it's because I grew up watching them or if it's because I'm a bit nutty, but I completely believed them as my co-stars," Adams said in an interview with the BBC. "I had wonderful moments listening to them and watching them where I relived parts of my childhood."
4. She is attached to play Janis Joplin in a biopic about the late singer. Word got out in July that Adams would play the singer, who died in 1970 at age 27 of a heroin overdose. The movie, to be directed by Fernando Meirelles (City of God), is called Get It While You Can. It's just one of several Joplin projects in the works over the years. "Hopefully it will be able to capture her truth," Adams has said of the movie. "That's what you always hope when you're playing somebody of note like that."
5. She has received three Oscar nominations. Adams was nominated for best supporting actress for 2010's The Fighter, 2008's Doubt and 2005's Junebug, her breakout role.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR