50 Cent Released From Hospital After NYC Car Wreck
The rapper suffered “minor neck and back injuries” after his bulletproof SUV was rear ended by a truck on the Long Island Expressway.
Rapper 50 Cent was admitted to and released from a Flushing, Queens, hospital on Tuesday, June 26 after an early morning car wreck on the Long Island Expressway.
Photos of the incident surfaced via ThisIs50.com around 3 a.m. ET, showing the G-Unit rapper (nee Curtis Jackson) on a stretcher wearing a neck brace.
According to the site, 50 Cent’s bulletproof SUV was rear ended by a Mack truck on the LIE and nearly flipped over. The driver of the vehicle was also admitted to the hospital.
“Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson was involved in a car accident in New York early Tuesday morning,” a representative for the rapper confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. “He was taken to New York Hospital Queens where he was treated for minor neck and back injuries. He was released this morning and is doing fine.”
For more pictures of the wreck, click here. The driver of the Mack truck reportedly told police that his load had shifted, causing him to lose control of the vehicle.
50 Cent is expected to release his fifth studio album on July 2, 2012, after being delayed from its initial December 2011 release date. He was recently seen on MTV's Jersey Shore spinoff The Pauly D Project, as star Paul "DJ Pauly D" Delvecchio signed to his pop-friendly G-Note Records label.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR