50 Cent Criticizes Record Company On Twitter; Postpones Album Release
"I'm sorry to announce I will not be releasing a new album this year if we don't get on the same page," writes the rapper of his label, Interscope.
50 Cent took to Twitter on Thursday June 16 to criticize his record label, Interscope Records, saying that he will be postponing the release of his new album, rumored to be titled Black Magic, until he and his label are able to work together effectively.
"Ok I tried to be cool with my record company. I went to the meeting talk to everyone and sh*t feels like there moving in slow motion [sic]," he tweeted. "I'm sorry to announce I will not be releasing a new album this year if we don't get on the same page."
It's not the first time the rapper and his label have not been on the same page. Back in April, he tweeted that he would be releasing the album's first single, but the song never came out. He decided to wait for everyone at the label to be on board. "I think it's better to just go with the entire building, have everybody on deck so they understand my plans for this project," 50 Cent told MTV News.
However, according to today's tweets, 50 is getting impatient. "My whole career iv been doing sh*t and they have been playing catch up this is the last f*cking album THEY BETTER WAKE UP AND WORK," 50 tweeted.
Fans rallied behind 50, showing their outrage at the holdup. "Damn man true fans were are really counting on this album. I hope they get their shit together," @RichRene360 tweeted.
50 Cent seemed adamant about waiting to put out the best possible product. "I worked really hard on this album I'm not gonna let it come out like some bullsh*t," 50 Cent continued. However, likely bending at the prodding of his fans, he seems to have changed his mind. "Ok fuck it I'm putting the first song off my new album tonight."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)