50 Cent Mocks Japan Earthquake, Tsunami on Twitter
"Some of my tweets are ignorant...I do it for shock value," the rapper posts on Twitter.
50 Cent sparked outrage on Twitter when he posted insensitive messages about the earthquake in Japan, which may have killed more than 10,000 people, and the resulting tsunami warnings in the U.S.
"Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing," the rapper wrote Friday morning, as the West Coast braced for a potential tsunami.
He followed it up with, "Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my hoess from LA, Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol."
The Things Fall Apart star (watch a clip of his movie - for which he lost 50 pounds - below) then tried to downplay his statements: "Nah this is nuts but what can anyone do about it. Let's pray for anyone who has lost someone."
He later admitted, "Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool either way 50cent."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws