The 7 Biggest National Anthem Flubs (Video)
Christina Aguilera isn't the only one who has forgotten the lyrics.
Christina Aguilera isn’t the only person who has flubbed the lyrics to the National Anthem. Below, a collection of spectacular lyric mishaps – with video.
1. Roseanne Barr - 1990: The actress spit and grabbed her crotch during her rendition at a San Diego Padres baseball game, later explaining she knew she started in the wrong key and wouldn't hit the high note -- so decided to go for broke.
2. Leslie Nielsen - 1988: Frank Dreblin's version, which appeared in Naked Gun, is completely turned around, including lyrics like "and the home of the land."
3. Michael Bolton - 2003: The singer referred to lyrics scribbled on his hand (he lost his place after "were so gallantly streaming") while performing at a New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox game.
4. Jesse McCartney - 2009: The teen singer forgot the line "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming" while performing at a NASCAR 2009 Pepsi 500 race.
5. Carl Lewis - 1993: The Olympic track star sang "with so gallantly streaming" at a New Jersey Nets basketball game.
6. The Eli Young Band - 2010: Mike Eli has performed the song countless times in stadiums but forgot what came after "twilight's last gleaming" while performing at a Kansas City Chiefs game -- and was met with jeers.
7. Christina Aguilera - Super Bowl 2011: The singer basically repeated a line twice: "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming." She later told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement: "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of it's anthem still came through."