'7 Crates' Takes Top Prize at Films in Progress
The Industry Award pays for post-production costs for the unfinished project.
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain – 7 Crates, a Paraguayan film about a delivery boy duped into what sounded like an easy job but turns out a high-stakes chase, was the top winner at the 20th Film in Progress sidebar in San Sebastian.
The film, directed by Juan Carlos Maneglia and Tana Schembori, won the Industry Award, which picks up post-production costs for unfinished film to see it through to completion as a 35mm copy with English subtitles.
Benjamin Avila’s Also Known As picked up the 10,000 euro Casa de America Award, which aids in post-production costs. The Spanish/Argentine/Brazilian production tells of children forced to grow in clandestine homes and is based on a true story set in Argentina in 1979.
The Films in Progress sidebar, which offers post-production funding for Latin American projects that have finished production, has seen a steady flow of its winners land at the world’s most important festivals. The event is a favorite with buyers who glimpse a peek at promising unfinished projects.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'