7 Days of Deals
Ka-ching! Who's inking on the dotted line this week.
DEAL OF THE WEEK: The Drama Behind McConaughey's New AIDS Movie: Matthew McConaughey's recent weight loss for a role in The Dallas Buyers Club has gotten the actor plenty of attention. But even as he was losing 40 pounds, it was up in the air whether the AIDS drama would happen. The film began shooting Nov. 11, more than 15 years after the project was conceived and weeks after it nearly fell apart on the eve of the shoot. "I pinch myself because it has been so many agonizing years bringing this film to fruition," says producer Robbie Brenner. "But I've learned that with independently financed films, you're not making a movie until the cameras are rolling."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR