'The King's Speech' Reigns at Oscars
The British drama wins best picture, lead actor, director and original screenplay honors at the 83rd Academy Awards; Natalie Portman, Melissa Leo and Christian Bale join Colin Firth as winners in acting categories.
The King's Speech reigned at the 83rd annual Academy Awards Sunday night, securing the prize for best picture against such rivals as The Social Network. The British drama, released domestically by the Weinstein Co., also collected three other awards for best actor Colin Firth, director Tom Hooper and screenwriter David Seidler.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR