9 Story takes a 'Village' global
TORONTO -- Canadian cartoon producer 9 Story Entertainment on Tuesday reported European, Asian and Middle Eastern deals for 2D animated special "If the World Were a Village."
Toronto-based 9 Story said it has sold the animated program to Brazil's SBTV Programming International, Canadian cable channel Fire the Imagination, the Middle East's Teleview channel, Singapore's Innoform, Portugal's RTP and Israel's Noga Communications.
"If the World Were a Village" enables young TV viewers to see the world as a village of just 100 people.
The latest deals at NATPE come on top of earlier deals with Canada's YTV and TVOntario channels, PBS and Discovery Kids in the U.S., France's France 3 and Germany's ZDF.
Also at NAPTE, Canadian distributor Oasis International said it has sold the animated series "Iggy Arbuckle" to Canal + SA and TPS in France, Australia's ABC and the Cartoon Network in Southeast Asia, Korea, the Philippines, Australia/New Zealand and India.
The series is produced by Blueprint Entertainment and is distributed internationally by Oasis National Geographic Television International. Jetix Europe has the European pay TV rights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR