9 Story takes a 'Village' global
TORONTO -- Canadian cartoon producer 9 Story Entertainment on Tuesday reported European, Asian and Middle Eastern deals for 2D animated special "If the World Were a Village."
Toronto-based 9 Story said it has sold the animated program to Brazil's SBTV Programming International, Canadian cable channel Fire the Imagination, the Middle East's Teleview channel, Singapore's Innoform, Portugal's RTP and Israel's Noga Communications.
"If the World Were a Village" enables young TV viewers to see the world as a village of just 100 people.
The latest deals at NATPE come on top of earlier deals with Canada's YTV and TVOntario channels, PBS and Discovery Kids in the U.S., France's France 3 and Germany's ZDF.
Also at NAPTE, Canadian distributor Oasis International said it has sold the animated series "Iggy Arbuckle" to Canal + SA and TPS in France, Australia's ABC and the Cartoon Network in Southeast Asia, Korea, the Philippines, Australia/New Zealand and India.
The series is produced by Blueprint Entertainment and is distributed internationally by Oasis National Geographic Television International. Jetix Europe has the European pay TV rights.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!