Amanda Knox Addresses Viewers From Seattle Airport Press Conference (Video)
“I’m really overwhelmed right now,” she said upon arriving in the U.S. after her 2009 conviction was overturned.
After serving four years in an Italian prison, Amanda Knox is now back in her hometown of Seattle, Washington.
The 24-year-old and her family held a press conference from the city’s airport shortly after her arrival in the United States. Knox was freed from Italian custody on Monday, Oct. 3 when a jury overturned her 2009 conviction of sexually assaulting and murdering Meredith Kercher. Knox had already served four years of her 26-year sentence.
“They’re reminding me to speak in English, cause I’m having problems with that,” Knox said.
“I’m really overwhelmed right now. I was looking down from the airplane, and it seemed like everything wasn’t real,” she continued, while choking back tears. “Thank you to everyone who’s believed in me, who’s defended me, who’s supported my family.”
“My family’s the most important thing to me right now, and I just want to go be with them. So thank you for being there for me,” she concluded, receiving cheers from the airport audience.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR