Clint Eastwood's 'Trouble With the Curve' to Close Tokyo International Film Festival
The movie, about a baseball scout on the verge of retirement, was directed by Eastwood's protege Robert Lorenz and also stars Amy Adams, John Goodman and Justin Timberlake.
TOKYO -- Trouble with the Curve, starring Clint Eastwood and directed by his protégé Robert Lorenz, will close the 25th Tokyo International Film Festival on Oct. 28.
The film tells the tale of an aging baseball scout (Eastwood) with failing vision who takes a road trip to check out a hot prospect with his daughter, played by Amy Adams, during which they finally connect with each other.
John Goodman and Justin Timberlake also play scouts in the film, the latter acting as love interest for Adams’ character, while Eastwood’s son Scott appears as a baseball player.
The film will be released by Warner Entertainment Japan on Nov. 23. It opens in the U.S. on Sept. 21.
TIFF will open with Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away on Oct. 20.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR