Gerard Depardieu Accused of Assault and Battery After Scooter Incident in Paris
The actor, who made headlines for peeing in the aisle of a plane a year ago, allegedly collided with a motorist, who claims that Depardieu punched him in the face and injured him.
Almost a year to the day after he peed in the aisle of an Air France flight, legendary French actor Gerard Depardieu is at it again, this time on the streets of his hometown in Paris.
A motorist filed a complaint with the local prosecutor’s office on Wednesday accusing Depardieu of assault and battery after an “altercation” in Paris’ sixth arrondissement, not far from the famous Saint Sulpice church.
Depardieu, who is often spotted on his scooter in the neighborhood, allegedly collided with the unidentified accuser’s vehicle leading to the argument. The motorist claims that Depardieu punched him in the face and injured him.
Aug. 15 is a national holiday in France that celebrates the Assumption of Mary.
Last August, Depardieu made headlines when he urinated on the floor on a flight after being told he’d have to wait 15 minutes to use the restroom.
The 63-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 films, won a Golden Globe best actor award for 1990's Green Card.
The ubiquitous French actor stars in Jean-Pierre Ameris’ Venice closing title The Man Who Laughs, a period epic adapted from a Victor Hugo novel screening Out of Competition.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR