A Better Way to Pay Hollywood
Switching to a formula based on box-office gross would end lawsuits and lure investors back to movies.
The investors in a slate of Paramount movies, including Transformers and Mission: Impossible III, who sued the studio Nov. 30 are only the latest to complain about "Hollywood accounting." I am not taking sides in the dispute, but like the hundreds of lawsuits brought by actors, filmmakers and financiers through the years, the case filed by the Melrose 2 investors shows how badly the industry needs to change the system for paying profit participants.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR