A Big Boom for Indie Box Office
How 2011 is turning into the year of the specialty film, led by Woody Allen's hit.
Werner Herzog's 3D documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams had little going in its favor, but the exploration of the world's earliest known cave paintings could become his top-grossing movie in the U.S. and is already the No. 1 nonstudio documentary of the year. Its success underscores the current mini-boom at the specialty box office.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR