Focus World, Screen Media Pick Up 'A Birder's Guide to Everything'
The coming-of-age tale, starring Kodi Smit-McPhee and Ben Kingsley, will be released in the spring of 2014.
Focus World, Focus Features’ VOD label, is partnering with Screen Media Films to handle the U.S. distribution of Rob Meyer’s A Birder’s Guide to Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. Focus World and Screen Media will release the film on digital platforms and in theaters in the spring of 2014.
Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the film, which marks Meyer’s directorial debut, as a 15-year-old birding fanatic who embarks on a road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist, played by Ben Kingsley. The film, written by Meyer and Luke Matheny, also features Katie Chang and James Le Gros.
The deal was negotiated for Screen Media by Suzanne Blech, president, and Seth Needle, director of marketing and acquisitions; for Focus by Avy Eschenasy, executive vp, strategic planning, business affairs and acquisitions, and Kent Sanderson, director, alternative content and distribution; and for the filmmakers by Cinetic Media.
Screen Media and Focus World are also partnered on U.S. distribution of Liz W. Garcia’s The Lifeguard, starring Kristen Bell, and Kyle Patrick Alvarez’s C.O.G., starring Jonathan Groff.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR