A Christmas Story, the Musical
Fueled by nostalgia for the 1980s film, as well as simpler times, this family show actually has heart.
Leaving aside It's A Wonderful Life, I confess that my tolerance for holiday movies is pretty low. Likewise for holiday musicals. But A Christmas Story wore down my defenses. A cut above the pack, it's cute, corny, wholesome and sentimental -- all basic requirements for family-friendly seasonal stage entertainment.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ReThink Review: American Hustle - David O. Russell Assembles His All-Stars
- Theater: Fiona Shaw Rocks In One Of The Last Shows Of The Year
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake