A creature feature for Polley, Brody
Sarah Polley and Adrien Brody have been cast in "Splice," a science fiction thriller being directed by Vincenzo Natali.
The film is being produced by Steven Hoban of Copperheart Entertainment and executive produced by Franck Chorot of Gaumont. Guillermo del Toro, Don Murphy and Susan Montford also are executive producing via their Angry Bulls shingle.
The story explores a dark vision of the world of genetic engineering in which two young scientists (Polley and Brody) become superstars by splicing different animal DNA to create fantastical new creatures. They ignore the legal and ethical boundaries and introduce human DNA into their experiment. The screenplay was written by Natali, Antoinette Terry Bryant and Doug Taylor.
Production is slated to begin in November in Toronto.
Polley recently wrapped HBO's "John Adams" miniseries. The actress, whose credits include "Dawn of the Dead" and "The Secret Life of Words," has been making waves as a director with her drama "Away From Her," which last week netted her a Directors Guild of Canada Award. She is repped by WMA and D/F Management.
Brody, repped by CAA, stars with Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman in "The Darjeeling Limited," which opens this weekend.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR