A Critic's Take on TCA
THR's Tim Goodman offers an inside guide as the semiannual Death March With Cocktails hits Pasadena.
So what actually happens at the Television Critics Association press tour? Spinning, mostly. Followed by about 200 critics and reporters trying to unspin that spin. Example: "We're up 500 percent in the time slot, year to year." Response: "Yeah, but you were airing infomercials last year in that slot."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Theater: Fiona Shaw Rocks In One Of The Last Shows Of The Year
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- A Christmas Gift For You: A Conversation with Phil Spector & The Crystals' La La Brooks, Chatting with The Piano Guys, Plus Pink Martini and Sydney York Exclusives
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12