Box Office Report: 'Die Hard' Collects $840,000 at Midnight Screenings
"A Good Day to Die Hard," which takes the Bruce Willis franchise to Russia, opens today in 3,553 locations.
Fox’s A Good Day to Die Hard, the fifth film in the Die Hard franchise, got a jump start on the long Presidents Day weekend by grossing $840,000 at midnight screenings Wednesday night. The film played at 2,328 locations for an average of $361 per site. It opens Thursday in 3,553 locations.
Directed by John Moore and co-starring Jai Courtney, the newest Die Hard movie takes Willis character of John McClane (Bruce Willis) to Russia. It is expected to gross more than $40 million between Thursday and Monday.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!