'A Good Day to Die Hard': What the Fans Are Saying
The fifth go-round for Bruce Willis as John McClane is already inspiring derision online.
Bruce Willis is making a comeback as that one-man wrecking crew, John McClane in A Good Day to Die Hard. 20th Century Fox announced the title and release date -- Feb. 14, 2013 -- on Wednesday and immediately, fans took to the Internet to shout a few yippie-ki-ays. But many also expressed great displeasure at the new title, saying it sounded almost James Bond-like, and took to suggesting better titles (such as Die Hard 4S).
Among the more colorful responses by fans on Twitter:
"It shoulda been called Old Franchises Die Hard."
"With a title like that, sounds like someone wants to turn the John McClane franchise into a James Bond-like franchise."
"A Good Day To Die Hard" has got to be one of the worse films titles in a long time.
"So the details I'm hearing about the next Die Hard movie are pretty awful. Willis must need the money. ‘A Good Day To Die Hard’. Seriously?"
"A Good Day to Die Hard: John McClane takes on the Klingon Empire singlehandedly."
"You should know this It's 'A Good Day To Die Hard,' But Could It Be...Gooder?"
"Die Hard 5: We All Need A Paycheck"
"Each piece of news about DIE HARD 5 is like a new move in a special game called "How Can We Make Paul Nelson Not Care?"
"Can they do a FAST FIVE with the DIE HARD trilogy and have McClane team up with Al, Sam Jackson, and Justin Long? Thanks."
'A Good Day to Die Hard' - What a terrible title. It's no Die Hard with a Vengence is it.
"A 5th Die Hard movie will be made. Really. Howard the Duck is looking better every day, and I'm talking the movie, not the duck."
"Die Hard 5 title revealed: A Good Day to Die Hard. *sigh* Seriously, Fox? Why not Only the Good Die Hard? Or just stick with Die Hard 5?"
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David