'A Good Day to Die Hard': What the Fans Are Saying
The fifth go-round for Bruce Willis as John McClane is already inspiring derision online.
Bruce Willis is making a comeback as that one-man wrecking crew, John McClane in A Good Day to Die Hard. 20th Century Fox announced the title and release date -- Feb. 14, 2013 -- on Wednesday and immediately, fans took to the Internet to shout a few yippie-ki-ays. But many also expressed great displeasure at the new title, saying it sounded almost James Bond-like, and took to suggesting better titles (such as Die Hard 4S).
Among the more colorful responses by fans on Twitter:
"It shoulda been called Old Franchises Die Hard."
"With a title like that, sounds like someone wants to turn the John McClane franchise into a James Bond-like franchise."
"A Good Day To Die Hard" has got to be one of the worse films titles in a long time.
"So the details I'm hearing about the next Die Hard movie are pretty awful. Willis must need the money. ‘A Good Day To Die Hard’. Seriously?"
"A Good Day to Die Hard: John McClane takes on the Klingon Empire singlehandedly."
"You should know this It's 'A Good Day To Die Hard,' But Could It Be...Gooder?"
"Die Hard 5: We All Need A Paycheck"
"Each piece of news about DIE HARD 5 is like a new move in a special game called "How Can We Make Paul Nelson Not Care?"
"Can they do a FAST FIVE with the DIE HARD trilogy and have McClane team up with Al, Sam Jackson, and Justin Long? Thanks."
'A Good Day to Die Hard' - What a terrible title. It's no Die Hard with a Vengence is it.
"A 5th Die Hard movie will be made. Really. Howard the Duck is looking better every day, and I'm talking the movie, not the duck."
"Die Hard 5 title revealed: A Good Day to Die Hard. *sigh* Seriously, Fox? Why not Only the Good Die Hard? Or just stick with Die Hard 5?"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Relive The Most Memorable Musical Episodes That TV Has To Offer
- Jason Bateman Was Glad To Direct 'Bad Words' Because It's 'A Little More Challenging To Watch'
- Colbert Now Intrigued By Colorado Pot Industry Because Capitalism Trumps Having Morals
- Three Grandmas Read The Lyrics To Beyonce's 'Drunk In Love' And Can Barely Handle It