'A Haunted House' Sequel Set by Open Road Films, IM Global
Marlon Wayans again will co-write and star in the found-footage parody.
There’s more Haunted House on the way.
Open Road Films has acquired U.S. distribution rights to IM Global's sequel to the 2013 box office hit A Haunted House. The film has been fast-tracked to hit theaters in the winter.
The sequel – with a working title of A Haunted House 2 – will be co-written by and star Marlon Wayans.
Wayans, who co-wrote the first installment with Rick Alvarez, has co-written and acted in several films including Dance Flick, White Chicks, Little Man and Scary Movie 1 and 2.
The film will be financed and produced by IM Global's genre label Octane. Production is scheduled to take place in the summer.
A Haunted House, a parody of the found-footage genre, was directed by Michael Tiddes and hit theaters in January, opening to $19 million at the domestic box office. It has taken in more than $40 million to date.
The deal was negotiated on behalf of Open Road Films by Tom Ortenberg, Elliott Kleinberg and Ben Cotner. Larry Kopeikin and Kevin Yorn negotiated on behalf of Wayans, who also is represented by CAA and managed by Lisa Blum. Stuart Ford and Michael Roban negotiated on behalf of IM Global.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game