A Hero to Fanboys Gets Her Starry Due
From "The Terminator" to "The Walking Dead," producer Gale Anne Hurd has done everything from cleaning toilets to posting tweets.
Over the course of nearly three decades as a producer -- for which she will be recognized Oct. 3 with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- Gale Anne Hurd has assembled an enviable dossier. She has launched such fanboy-friendly hits as the Terminator franchise, Armageddon and AMC's zombie fest The Walking Dead. And she has worked closely with a pair of ex-husbands (James Cameron and Brian De Palma) as well as current spouse Jonathan Hensleigh while nurturing young rising talent such as Billy Ray, John August, Mike White, the Weitz brothers, Michelle Williams, Kirsten Dunst and Ben Affleck. Hurd, 56, remembers several moments that stand out.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR