A Milestone Year for Cinematographers
A craft in transition saw bold moves -- black and white, hyper-realistic animation -- mingle with brilliant artistry within this season' impressive crop of standout lensmen.
There were many beautifully shot films in 2011 -- The Tree of Life, A Dangerous Method, The Artist, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, War Horse, Shame and Melancholia, just for starters -- but some of the greatest visual interest lay in the fusing of traditional camerawork with the interest of adventurous filmmakers to push into new technologies.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR